The Polish Accreditation Committee’s Quality Management System has been established by the President of the PKA Decision of 24 April 2013 and modified by the Decision of 10 December 2015 and the Decision of 5 January 2018.
The primary objective of the quality management system is to increase the effectiveness of activities related to the implementation of the mission and strategy of the Polish Accreditation Committee, their continuous improvement, as well as to guarantee the implementation of statutory tasks in a manner that guarantees the repeatability of quality features.
The system's objectives are as follows:
- ensuring professionalism and objectivity of the processes,
- ensuring the availability of resources enabling the implementation of high quality processes,
- continuous improvement and development of the quality management system,
- improving communication and cooperation channels with the Committee’s stakeholders,
- development of pro-quality attitudes.
The identification of key processes enabling the implementation of tasks entrusted to the Polish Accreditation Committee forms the core of the internal quality management system.
The general principle of the information policy concerning the quality management system is to establish public access to data on: quality policy and objectives, identified processes, procedures of the Committee, its members and experts and – to the extent resulting from the scope of entrusted tasks – employees of the PKA Bureau, monitoring, measurement, analysis and improvement of the Committee’s activities, objectives and stages of implementation of the set objectives.
Following the principles of the Quality Management System, PKA publishes on its website the following information:
- quality policy and its objectives,
- identified processes,
- conduct procedures of the Committee, its members and experts (and – to the extent specified in the scope of entrusted tasks – PKA Office employees),
- monitoring, measuring, analysing and improving the Committee’s performance,
- the objectives and the stage of their achievement.
Below you can find a regularly updated list of activities undertaken within the PKA quality management system.
We would also like to remind you that all comments and suggestions concerning the PKA Quality Management System can be submitted to the Quality Management Proxy via the quality window.
Overview of the activities
Modernization of the PKA website (2019):
The Polish Accreditation Committee decided to redesign the website to meet the needs of stakeholders due to the increasing number of evaluations carried out and the need to adapt the way in which information is provided. The key milestones for this task were: defining the needs of internal and external stakeholders, collecting information on the requirements for compatibility with existing databases, testing the website and launching its final version.
Design and implementation of a coherent visual identification of the PKA (2019)
Revision of PKA internal documents (2018)
in connection with the introduction of the Act of 20 July 2018. Law on Higher Education and Science ( Dz.U. of 2018, item 1668, with later amendments), after extensive consultations with internal and external stakeholders, the Polish Accreditation Committee adapted internal procedures and documentation to the new legal framework.
Implementation of recommendations resulting from the external review of the PKA:
Based on the report of an international panel of experts who in 2018 carried out an external review of the Polish Accreditation Committee, the recommendations were listed, the objectives to be achieved, as well as the actions already initiated and the expected completion dates.
Self-assessment Report of the Polish Accreditation Commission (2017/2018):
According to the Statute of the Polish Accreditation Committee, the activities of the Committee are subject to external review at least every 5 years, in compliance with the principles of functioning of accreditation agencies in the European Higher Education Area. Due to the timeframe for re-evaluation of the PKA activity, a self-evaluation report has been prepared. The document was submitted to the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) in 2018. It was the basic source of information for the international panel of experts carrying out the external review of the PKA.
The survey evaluation of PKA’s work in 2018:
Results for the first quarter of 2018.;
Survey evaluation of PKA’s work in 2017:
Survey evaluation of the Polish Accreditation Committee’s work in 2016:
Survey evaluation of PKA’s work in 2015:
Revision of PKA internal documents:
Due to the proposed amendments to the Act on Higher Education, the Polish Accreditation Committee has initiated work aimed at adapting internal regulations and documentation to the new legal framework.
- The first stage of this process was to gather feedback from our stakeholders on the templates of documents used so far, their strengths and weaknesses, as well as suggestions for possible changes.
- The comments and information collected in the anonymous questionnaire became the subject of discussion within the groups established to introduce changes in particular areas.
- The drafts of new documents were made available to stakeholders.
Implement the recommendations from the PKA external review:
Based on the report of the international panel of experts who conducted the external review of the Polish Accreditation Commission in December 2013, an action plan was developed for March 2014 – February 2016. Within the framework of this action plan, recommendations of the panel of experts, objectives to be achieved, as well as actions already initiated and anticipated dates of implementation were indicated.
The activities on particular objectives were conducted in parallel, and their outcomes were reflected in a follow-up report sent to ENQA.
Survey evaluation of the activities of PKA in 2014.
- Summary report,
- Report – 1st quarter of 2014,
- Report – 2nd quarter of 2014,
- Report – 3rd quarter of 2014
The PKA Quality Management System Manual (2013, with later amendments)
- The work on the system documentation was initiated in November 2013. Its scope is defined by the objectives of the Internal Quality Management System of the Polish Accreditation Committee and includes the Quality Policy, the Quality Manual and the list of system entries.
- The activities were carried out as part of the project “Modernisation of the accreditation system – training and analytical and research support for the Polish Accreditation Committe”.
- The system documentation was updated in December 2015.
Quality Management System Information Panel:
- The main purpose of the panel is to provide information to external stakeholders. The scope of presented information is limited to the content closely related to the system’s results, its improvement and evolution. The emphasis was placed on the presentation of progress in the implementation of each task, their objectives and , if possible, obstacles encountered.
- A contact form is also provided to enable visitors to send anonymous comments and suggestions to the Quality Management System Proxy. Some of the functions of the panel were redefined in December 2015.
Survey evaluation of PKA’s activities in 2013:
- Survey analysis – I quarter 2013
- Survey analysis – II quarter of 2013,
- Survey analysis – III quarter of 2013,
- Survey analysis – IV quarter 2013
Modernizacja strony internetowej PKA (2013 r.):
- W związku z rosnącą liczbą dokonanych ocen i potrzebą dostosowania sposobu przekazywania danych do potrzeb interesariuszy władze Polskiej Komisji Akredytacyjnej podjęły decyzję o modernizacji strony internetowej. Kluczowymi dla tego zadania obszarami było: określenie potrzeb interesariuszy wewnętrznych i zewnętrznych, zebranie informacji na temat wymagań dotyczących kompatybilności z istniejącymi bazami danych, przetestowanie strony internetowej i uruchomienie jej finalnej wersji.
Self-evaluation report of the Polish Accreditation Committee (2013):
- According to the § 22.214.171.124. 1 section 4 of the Statutes of the Polish Accreditation Committee of 10 November 2011. “The activities of the Committee shall, at least every five years, be subject to external review in compliance with the European Higher Education Area accreditation agencies’ operating principles. Due to the approaching time limit for re-evaluation of PKA activities, drafting of the self-evaluation report has begun. This document was submitted to the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) in October 2013. It was the primary source of information for the panel of international experts carrying out the external evaluation of the PKA.
One of the most important elements of the Quality Management System is the “quality window”. – a contact form allowing all stakeholders to send comments and suggestions (also anonymously) directly to the PKA’ s Quality Management System Proxy.